Dementia Seed Funding
Scope of Award
This fund is to provide researchers with an opportunity to form new collaborations and apply for seed-funding to kick start innovative new research projects in the dementia field.
Projects should show demonstrable potential for securing funding leverage. This scheme is not for continued funding of existing projects.
Interdisciplinary projects are encouraged.
- Dr Jenni Harvey (Dundee), Dr Gayle Doherty (St Andrews) and Dr Stephen Martin (Dundee): Evaluating the brain penetrability and cognitive enhancing actions of leptin- derived hexamers
- Dr Christian Wozny (Strathclyde) and Prof. Tara Spires-Jones (Edinburgh): Assessing the role of GABAergic interneurons in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease
- Dr Gayle Doherty (St Andrews), Dr Jenni Harvey (Dundee) and Dr Rebecca Goss (St Andrews): Receptor interactions of bioactive leptin fragments – a promising therapeutic lead for dementia
- Prof. Danielle Gunn-Moore (Edinburgh), Prof. Joanna Wardlaw (Edinburgh) and Prof. Frank Gunn-Moore (St Andrews): The use of voxel-based morphometry as an in vivo tool to assess brain atrophy in the brains of domestic cats
- Prof. Andrew Tobin (Glasgow), Ms Paulina Valuskova (Glasgow) and Dr Shuzo Sakata (Strathclyde): Mapping the neuronal networks in neurodegeneration