Scope of Funding
This funding is provided by the Scottish Universities Life Science Alliance (SULSA), Scottish Imaging Network (SINAPSE) and Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) and is aimed at new research, and establishing or fostering research collaborations between academia and industry to drive novel optical imaging research in the context of healthcare and medicine.
Funding can be sought for a broad range of activities relating to any research or partnership activity with industry, e.g.
- Facilities access
- Travel to consortium meetings
- Travel for establishing network connections
- Attend or host meetings of academic and external partners at any stage during the preparation of applications
- Run workshops to share experience and best practice with regard to Industrial collaborations
- Co-ordinate meetings to engage with SMEs and to share best practice with regard to this engagement
- Funding for academics travelling to consortium meetings where they introduce a UK-based SME
- Showcasing skills and capabilities
- Participating in specific networking activities both for policy influencing and project preparation
- PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, technologists and academic staff are eligible to be the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant should also be the academic researcher who must be employed in a University that is a partner of SUPA, SULSA or SINAPSE.
- You must have a UK-based industrial partner and provide a letter of support.
- Projects should demonstrate a potential for leveraging further funding.
- Researchers can apply for up to £5,000, costs need to be justified.
We expect to fund up between 4 – 6 projects in this call. Priority will be given to interdisciplinary projects and we strongly encourage projects that bridge the different research pools.