Planning a Fellowship Proposal
Full day course (8.30am – 4.30pm)
Level: See target audience
Competition for independent research funding is fierce. This session will explain what funders want to achieve, the application process, and share advice from awardees, reviewers and panels to help you present your proposals in a compelling way.
This session will take you through the process of applying for fellowship or other common independent research funding and help you to develop a more effective proposal and prepare for a confident performance at interview.
Using insights gathered from fellowship holders, reviewers and panel members you will prepare a development plan and framework for reviewing and improving your proposal prior to submission.
Specifically, we will cover:
- The purpose of independent funding
- The review and assessment process
- Constructing an effective and appropriate proposal
- Benchmarking yourself against successful applicants and applications
- Articulating your long-term research vision and leadership goals
- Preparing for the fellowship interview and presentation
Life Sciences researchers with at least one year of postdoctoral experience who are:
- Developing their own independent research ideas
- Thinking about (and able to discuss) or currently preparing a fellowship or independent funding proposal
Date and Location
This workshop will take place on Thursday 10th January 2019 at the University of Edinburgh.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday 23rd November 2018
Outcome: You will be notified by early December if you have successfully secured a place at the workshop
For more information contact the SULSA Operations Officer – Jill.Inkster@glasgow.ac.uk