Post Academic Careers Fair
Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde
Tuesday 19th November 2019
Attendees will have the option to attend two workshops during the afternoon of the careers fair! Workshop options include:
- My Consultants (Robin Henderson): Identifying Existing Skills Relevant to Industry, Government and the Third-Party Sector
- My Consultants (Robin Henderson): CV Building Process (exploring existing CVs and enhancing your own)
- Alix Mackay Marketing: LinkedIn Workshop – Best Practice in Building Presence & Connections
- SRG Science Recruiter (Hannah Mays): What employers outside of academia are looking for & the benefits of using a Recruitment Agent
Plus more to be announced!
CV Writing Clinic
Want to enhance your CV? Visit our CV Writing Clinic who are on hand to provide one to one support! Each slot will be 15 minutes long with one of our careers experts:
- Katrina Gardner: Careers Manager, University of Glasgow
- Anna Selwood: Seniors Careers & Employability Consultant, University of Strathclyde
To book your slot, e-mail the SULSA Operations Officer firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8th November. Please note, spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis so may fill up before this date.
'My Job' Panel Discussion
Our ‘My Job’ session will include an option of five panel sessions focusing on Communications, Entrepreneurship, Industry, Policy and University Administration/NHS. Each panel will have around four panel members who will provide an overview of their job and engage in open discussion.
Our exciting array of panel members include:
- Dr Steven Hill: Director of Research, Research England
- Dr Alicia Greated: CEO, Knowledge Transfer Network
- Dr Rhona Galloway: Contracts Project Manager, Merck® BioReliance Ltd
- Dr Derek Gilchrist: Co-Founder and CEO, Causeway Therapeutics
- Dr Mhairi Towler: Founder & CEO, Vivomotion
- Dr Nikolay Ogryzko: Innovation and Skills Manager, BBSRC
- Dr Kirsty Ross: Outreach Officer, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Paul Southworth: Speciality Registrar, Public Health NHS
- Dr Allison Jackson: Head of Research Operations, University of Glasgow
- Dr Stephanie Boyle: Statistical Programmer, Quotient Sciences
- Dr Lisa Kelly: Medical Writer, Mudskipper
Plus lots more still to be announced!
Free Professional Headshots
The wonderfully talented Ashley Coombes Photography will be available all day for free professional headshots! Use this opportunity to get a professional looking headshot for your LinkedIn etc.
You can check out some of Ashley’s work of our very own SULSA Executive Committee!
To book your slot, please e-mail the SULSA Operations Officer email@example.com before Friday 8th November. Please note, spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis so may fill up before this date.