Scope of Award
This fund is to provide researchers with an opportunity to form new collaborations and apply for seed-funding to kick start innovative new research projects in the dementia field.
Projects should show demonstrable potential for securing funding leverage. This scheme is not for continued funding of existing projects. Researchers can apply for a maximum of £8,000. We expect to award between 7 – 10 grants in this call.
Interdisciplinary projects are encouraged.
- There must be at least two co-Investigators, from two different SULSA universities. If there are multiple co-Investigators then they must be from at least two different SULSA universities, and we would encourage the inclusion of multiple SULSA universities if there are a number of co-applicants.
- All co-applicants must have at least 3 years post-PhD viva research experience (from the 1st April 2018).
- Staff must have 12 months remaining on their contract/current funding from the 1st August 2018.
- This award can be used to cover consumables only.
- We particularly welcome new collaborations.
Important dates to consider when completing the application are:
- The closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018
- Project work covered by these applications must start in the period 1st August 2018 – 31st December 2018
- Potential of the candidates to deliver REF-returnable research outputs.
- Potential of the candidates to secure external funding.
- Quality of the project in terms of feasibility, novelty, and scientific interest.
- Alignment to the call.
- Involvement of the DRI either in this project or follow-on projects.
- Applications will be reviewed by senior SULSA and DRI researchers. All decisions are final.
Notification of Outcome
Successful applications will be notified by email.
Payment of Funds
If successful, funds will be transferred to your lead Institution. Funds must be spent within 12 months
You must provide the SULSA administration with project updates and outcomes when requested for reporting purposes. If this project leads to a published article, or leverages grant funding, please contact the SULSA administration to make them aware.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday 18th May 2018 at 5pm
Funds Available: The awards are up to a maximum £8,000 each