AMR seed Funding
Thursday 26 – Friday 27 April 2018
Day One: Research | Day Two: Policy
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED
To follow on from our AMR conference, the Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance (SULSA) are providing funding for collaborative projects to address the challenges surrounding antimicrobial resistance.
Scope of Award
This fund is supported by the Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance (SULSA) and is aimed at forming new collaborations to address challenges surrounding antimicrobial resistance.
- This funding is to enable researchers to gather preliminary data and develop proposals with the aim of attracting further funding from external sources.
- Projects should show demonstrable potential for securing funding leverage.
- This scheme is not for continued funding of existing projects.
- Researchers can apply for a maximum of £8,000 for a 12 month project.
- We expect to award between 5-6 grants in this call.
- Interdisciplinary projects are encouraged.
- There must be at least two co-Investigators, from two different SULSA universities. If there are multiple co-Investigators then they must be from at least two different SULSA universities, and we would encourage the inclusion of multiple SULSA universities if there are a number of co-applicants.
- Postdoctoral researchers are eligible for this call. All co-applicants must have their PhD (have had their viva).
- Staff must have 12 months remaining on their contract/current funding, once the funding decision has been approved.
- To be eligible to apply you must have attended the SULSA AMR conference in April 2018.
- This award can be used to cover consumables only.
- We particularly welcome new collaborations.
Project work covered by these applications must start in the period 1st August 2018 – 31st December 2018.
- Potential of the candidates to deliver REF-returnable research outputs.
- Potential of the candidates to secure external funding.
- Quality of the project in terms of feasibility, novelty, and scientific interest.
- Alignment to the call.
- Applications will be reviewed by the SULSA AMR Conference Committee. All decisions are final.
Notification of Outcome
Successful applications will be notified by email.
Payment of Funds
If successful, funds will be transferred to your lead Institution. Funds must be spent within 12 months.
You must provide the SULSA administration with project updates and outcomes when requested for reporting purposes. If this project leads to a published article, or leverages grant funding, please contact the SULSA administration to make them aware.
How to Apply
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED.